Tuesday, February 24, 2009

good ole Midwest.


I flew out of Seattle Friday morning bound for St. Louis. I had never been, and frankly, wasn't exactly sure where St. Louis was on the map. I mean, I know the general area, but for some reason I felt I was going to the South. Anyway, I knew three things about St. Louis = the Arch lives there, Anheuser Busch brews beer there, and asking people "Which High School did you go to?" is a big deal. That particular piece of information tells I lot, I guess.



Tyson went to high school in Illinois. Warrensburg - Latham High School. That doesn't tell me a whole lot, but many of his high school friends were in St. Louis for Mardi Gras and a little reunion party was scheduled. They picked me up at the airport- they being Tyson, his older brother, Tom, and his fiance, Meg, and we headed over to said party. I had never met any of Tyson's friends from Illinois. Many of them reminded me of my own high school friends. Small town. Super nice. Unintimidating. Generally just good people. Asking for dirt on Tyson I had to dig and dig. One measely story about he and some friends throwing eggs at a car one night surfaced. But that was it. Meeting the people someone grew up with can tell you a lot about a person. I guess I learned my Tyson is a pretty straight arrow with good friends who were excited to see him after several months or several years. I decided not a bad thing to say about him is a good thing in my book.

No comments: