Wednesday, December 24, 2008


I'm heading out of town to MN (cross your fingers as its snowing AGAIN) to be with my family for the holiday. I'm so excited! I get to spend Christmas Eve with my Grandma Peg and I have a brand new baby niece I'm just waiting to squeeze. Unfortunately, my sweet Tyson won't be accompanying me and therefore, we celebrated a little last night.

Chef Tyson grilled up some steaks on my snowy deck and then topped them with goat cheese and some seasonings to broil and make crispy. Potatoes. Grilled pear halves with mascarpone cheese in the centers. I did a great job making the Bailey's on the rocks. Delish. A little cribbage. Some wine picked up at the Gundlach Bundschu winery in Sonoma with Tyson's family. All things that are yummy and require immediate sweatpant wearing afterward.


The tree's a little sparse. But it gets the job done.


Tyson and I decided not to give each other gifts this year, and instead booked a cabin to get away and spend a weekend together. Late February we'll be heading to the Teanaway Guard Station in the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.

It is described as: A rustic 12x18 log cabin situated at 3200 feet elevation in the Teanaway River Drainage. Inside you will find a wood stove for heat, a Coleman propane cook stove and lantern which use Coleman 16.4 ounce propane cylinders. A vault toilet is located outside (key is located in the cabin) and is intended for cabin guests only. Recreation opportunities in the area include hiking, mountain climbing, bird watching, wildlife viewing, photography. With winter comes the opportunity for cross-country skiing, back country snowboarding, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Mid December - early April parking is 2.2 miles from the cabin. It is an easy ski or snowshoe trip over a groomed snowmobile route from the plowed parking area. ...Yep we'll be hiking in!
Tyson, I will miss you whilst in MN. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you that I love!

No comments: