Thursday, June 10, 2010

The weekend.

Weekends are good.

Weekends are even better spent bumming around town meeting up with various friends and eating or drinking coffee or delicious brews. That pretty much sums up our weekend last weekend. Friday night I went to see Sex And The City (2) and I must say, this film could've been about an hour shorter and shown on mute so that I could simply watch the outfits go by. Except maybe the part where Miranda and Charlotte are talking about how hard being a mom is, in between sips of cosmopolitans. Great scene!

Saturday I met friends for brunch and then went on a long bike ride over to a vintage furniture store I'd been meaning to pop into for several weeks. Tyson arrived in Seattle around seven, and he and I met up with friends for dinner and some beers at a local brewery. We had decided to bike and rather than take my usual road bike, I hopped on my upright, vintage cruiser and it was so fun! There's nothing better than a bike where you simply need to backpedal to slow it down. No gears. Just cruising.

Sunday we biked over to Queen Anne for yet another brunch with friends. Oh how delicious a good cup of coffee in the form of a non-fat mocha is + a breakfast sandwich containing eggs and spinach and cheese and a veggie sausage. Full and happy we biked around town running errands and loafing about. Later we had the same brunch pals over for dinner and a movie because I guess we all like each other a lot! And speaking of, if you haven't seen Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges yet, its fab. I recommend.

Good weekends of goodness and great people make for heaps of smiles.

Oh and if you need a good mango salsa for topping off fish tacos or really anything:
  • 2 cups chopped pitted peeled mango
  • 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 2/3 cup chopped green onions
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 4 teaspoons olive oil

Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)

No comments: