Friday, June 11, 2010

Make Merry.



After several interviews and nervous chatter between friends, I was offered an amazing position at an even more amazing company earlier this week. I am so grateful and I feel incredibly lucky. Start date: 6/21.

So often I think back to the fall when I was sick and beside myself with worry after having booked our flights to New Zealand. I quit my job. Sold my car. And up and left with no idea what was to come upon our return. I'm so grateful for THAT experience too - both good and bad. And I know it has given me the window to move on professionally to do something different with my life. It wasn't all easy though and I've had to work really hard to be where I am. I guess the lesson is that taking risks is what makes life exciting. They aren't easy to do and I probably have more grey hair than I did six months ago, but the worry and the doubt has been pure motivation and given me character.

Toast the next phase: Thanks for the champagne, B!

1 comment:

jamieofalltrades said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear about the new gig... which means we need to get together soon. xoos