Wednesday, May 20, 2009

stolen.


"I must learn to love the fool in me--the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool." -- Theodore I. Rubin, MD


From a great blog I've recently been reading. I love this quote. Sort of a disclaimer for all the things we do in life - great or not so great, dumb or brilliant. Celebrate being who you are! Whoever that is...

1 comment:

hales02 said...

Thanks for reminding us all to celebrate being who we are! I will be a silly, wreckless spirit with you my dear. Even if it involves embarrassment. :)