Friday, May 29, 2009

NYC


Several trips to NYC involving a list of iconic sites one MUST see. Then there was this trip.

Drinks
Brunch = Miss Sanborn!
Restaurants.
Subway.
Shops.
Restaurants.
Drinks.
Afternoon in Central Park.
Biking from the Upper East Side to the Lower East Side.
Restaurants.
Drinks.
Brunch.







I had an absolutely great trip. We did so many things and ate amazing food and saw just about every neighborhood in Manhattan. Doreen was a gracious host and I couldn't have asked for a better tour guide. Its interesting though, inescapably I was seeing the city through the eyes of my friend Do who happily and successfully lives in Manhattan. I constantly marveled at what it takes for her to live in New York and felt myself feeling truly lucky to live in Seattle. NOT because New York isn't incredible, exciting, fascinating and truly unique - but because I learned a few things about myself along the way:

I love the air in Seattle - fresh, clean and just slightly salty.
I love the copious amounts of absolutely fresh food within an arm's reach of any neighborhood or dwelling.
I love that in just about every direction of Seattle there is an outdoor adventure just waiting to push my physical limits and allow me to relax and leave the city behind.
I love that the West Coast is pretty relaxed in nature. It makes me relax.
I love to cook and entertain and have the space to do so.
I love to bike.

And its not to say that these can't be accomplished in NYC. I guess I just really like where I live. And I like space. And I like getting outside. To stretch. To reset the inner soul and make me feel alive.

Um, and absolutely lovely seeing my wonderful, gorgeous (and pregnant) college girlfriend, Suz. I feel like I've said this before, but she's a dream in that I may not have talked to her for weeks, months at a time and yet, she is such an ease to be around. I loved seeing you, Suz!


I did stand in front of the famous steps of Carrie Bradshaw's brownstone. Such a tourist!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

xo...and when the fresh air and easy going vibe become just too much to bare ... FUNY awaits.

give mom & pops a squeeze for me.

hales02 said...

Do and Suz both look amazing. What a sweet trip!

hales02 said...

p.s. great pic of you in the grass!