Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Discovery Park.



I was able to get out of work for a few hours on Sunday and bike over to Discovery Park. Someone described it to me as feeling a little bit like being in another country while there. I'd been there before, but I dunno, maybe wasn't totally paying attention or something. Anyway, this time I was somehow fortunate to stumble upon this tiny little, sandy spot in the bluffs overlooking the sound. I was the only person there. The sunny afternoon was beautiful. I watched the sailboats, ferries and cruise ships slowly roll by and I took deep breaths. I felt really lucky to be right there relaxing even for just a few hours last weekend.

Now I want to go back with cheese, wine and probably a decadent dessert with friends to watch a sunset.


No comments: