Saturday, July 19, 2008

70.5

Hours. Worked.

That's how many hours I've worked this week so far. 52 of them in the last four days. The key is that it's really true when I say "so far". Its currently 11:49pm on a Saturday night. I've been here since 9:30am and I haven't been outside for more than the two mintue walk to pick up Subway sandwiches for the whole team working back at the agency. It was beautiful today. Sunny. Blue skies. Mild tempuratures. Perfect for a great run and some coffee while relaxing outside with a book. Nope. Not me. I was inside. Working for a crisp dollar bill.

On account of the anticipated long day, I decided to dust off my overalls circa 1998 this morning. They proved to be a fantastic outfit. Comfy. Nastalgic. I used to run around Lottie Hall in these bad boys all sophmore year at CSB. I can even put my hands entirely down my pants at any moment for warmth and its cool...because I have overalls on. I'm tempted to accept a bet with a co-worker to see if I can wear these overalls every day for a month, earning me a cool $50. Taking him up on it would mean constant comfort and absolutely no effort in choosing outfits. Hmmm.

I went through multiple stages today from nose-to-the-grindstone worker to raging/almost-on-the-verge-of-tears scatterbrain. On the plus side, at least my co-worker, Sean, shares an appreciation/affection for lubricant. Lubricant in the form of a delicious margarita. We've been drinking while we work tonight. Much like whistling while we work only 1700 times better.

Tyson is backpacking with Josh right now. I am realizing more and more the importance of time. I will never get this Saturday back. Ever. I wish I'd spent it in the mountains backpacking. Food for thought I guess. I work very hard. I just like to work hard during the hours of 9-5:30 M-F.

Anyway. Cheers with my second 'rita. I head to MN next weekend and plan to spend as many hours as possible on Lake Minnetonka gabbing with my family. Life is short. I wouldn't want to spend time anywhere else and I can't wait for the trip.

No comments: