Monday, October 10, 2011

Coming back.

Well hello there. Hello? Is there anyone even reading after what seems like a year since I last blogged? Frankly, it’s been a poor showing for several months now – the result of a looming wedding followed by our honeymoon. We just returned from Greece and Rome and it is the oddest feeling knowing that my time is now just that, MINE. No more sleepless nights, my mind a constant swirl of details: send the schedule to the bridal party, confirm the pick-up time for the pedicabs, place the Top Pot donut order. On and on. And now I have so much to reflect on, and so much time and space to fill. It’s actually quite motivating. Like, DAMN! I need to do something cool with my life!...professionally.

I cannot wait to write about our wedding. We had such an incredible day. There’s a part of me that wishes I’d written down even just a few teeny emotional details in an effort to capture things in their rawest form. But I did not. That and the fact that writing for me now seems unfamiliar and awkward make me apprehensive to even try, but I will! I will try.

I’m back and I’m pumped to write again and as previously mentioned: DO SOMETHING COOL WITH MY LIFE. Any thoughts on how to do that please let me know.

For now, I’ll leave you with one of my most favorite moments of our wedding day from the ceremony (I haven’t seen any of the photos from our photographers yet, so I stole this off facebook. Dying to see those profesh ones).

And a great little walk up to the highest point for sunset (where there’s a church of course) in Plaka on Milos island.

Welcome back to the world, I say. It feels good. We are actually cooking again and our house is clean and we burn candles and watch movies. Its divine. I can’t wait to learn how to write again though!

Lastly I’ll just say that yesterday was my birthday. I turned THIRTY FRIGGIN THREE. Eeeek!

1 comment:

jamieofalltrades said...

Congratulations AND Happy Birthday! xoxo