Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mild Obsession.

I've been looking at houses in Seattle lately. Gasp! Nothing new actually considering I'm obsessed with looking at real estate. My city, your city, or just a random city, I do not care. I'veinto looking. More than just online though I've actually been popping through some open houses and working with a realtor too. The reality is I don't think its going to happen, but as the saying goes, its really fun to look. The other reality is, we really want a house. I love our condo. I love our neighborhood. Its all very, very good. But I am getting to that point where it would be great to have just a smidge more space (not A LOT more, otherwise we have to buy stuff to put in the space = gross) and a second bedroom would be divine. Ooh, and a teeny yard!

Either way, the obsession continues. And with the obsession also comes a secondary obsession with how I would either renovate or decorate.

Here is one house I just looked at last weekend and I was totally smitten with the kitchen. Namely, the authentic vintage free-standing sink and metal drawers that my mother explained, "You had to go and buy at Sears Robuck."



And whilst in dreamland I stumble upon gem after gem, for-sale or otherwise. Look at this adorable modern farmhouse. Simple and superb.


And woodsy goodness.



Holy  Balls! I wish I could stumble upon a really inexpensive house that looked like this on the inside!

No comments: