Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Parents in town: Good stuff.

My parents were in town for eight days and left on a plane bound for MN last night. Such a mix of emotions as I was looking forward to being back in my own space, but sadness when I walked in the door and everything was clean and quiet. A little deflated, I sort of missed the remnants from my mom's purse of goodies lying everywhere, the sound of buzzing about the apartment either watching television or working on some project, and prospect that there were no more plans. Plans with friends, Tyson or peninsula adventures. It was over! The vacation had come and was now gone.

I had a really good time with my mom and pop and I was happy to share the experience of my life here with them. Happy to have them meet my friends and spend time with Tyson. To drive and hike around, seeing the beautiful parts of WA and the reasons I am drawn and continue to live here. I'm ecstatic they were able to make the trip, and grateful for the time we were able to spend together!

Some of my favorite memories:
Tyson and I sitting up for hours with my parents playing cards and tipping a few back.
Walking through the Rain Forest.
Watching my dad talk to Tyson.
Shopping with my mom at Trader Joe's.
Seeing my dad snuggle with my mom.
Just living in the everyday, basic parts of life - breakfasts and chatter and my dad's cold.

And here, a few captured moments:

Sitting on the roof for hours while the sun set and chatting.


So many games of cribbage!


A night out in Port Townsend.



A hike through the Hoh Rainforest.




And a possible dream idea hatched for "someday".


I miss you, Mom and Dad! Thanks for making the trip! I love you.

2 comments:

Jamieofalltrades said...

Fun! Looks like a nice time with your parents & Tyson!

hales02 said...

Love the "someday" idea. p.s. you and T are too cute for words