Friday, June 19, 2009

Live a little.

Secrets to making to 100, and doing it the way you want.

Puff cigars and drink whiskey:

Jack Priestly from the UK had smoked over 153,000 cigars and more than 700,000 cigarettes by the time he hit 100. He still smokes 10 cigars a day!! Jack secret is whiskey. He's been taking a shot of whiskey before breakfast for 76 years. “A shot of whisky before I shower or have breakfast is the best advice anyone ever gave me.”

Seek adventure:

Peggy Alpine celebrated her 100th birthday by paragliding. “It was the most wonderful, pleasant experience and I'm ready to do it again anytime.” She credits her long life to “excitement.” It keeps her young.

Chill:

At 90, Alec Holden placed a 100 pound bet that he would make it to 100. Well, he did, and won 25,000 pounds. “You must have porridge for breakfast, that's essential. You don't worry about anything and do as little work as possible. You go on as many holidays as you can.”

Smoke cigarettes if you're into that:

Winnie Langley had been smoking since she was 7 years old. “I have smoked ever since infant school and I have never thought about quitting.” She lit up with the help of her birthday cake candles.

Box!:

Molley Reeves enjoyed her 100th with boxing. “I feel a bit achy afterwards but I really do enjoy it. It’s a giggle.”

Dance!:

Emily Law celebrated her 100th with the conga! Her daughter said, “Mum’s had a colourful life and always liked dancing. She still comes to the pub with me. I think she’s a partygirl at heart.”

No comments: