Saturday, January 8, 2011

True.



We've all been to a ton of weddings. Probably a ton of really great weddings, even. But never have I been to a more touching wedding than that of Jora and Adam's, of which took place on New Year's Eve in Minnesota.


I've known Jora for nearly my entire life. Just as I tearily tried to explain in a joint speech with Kes at her rehearsal dinner, Jora has been a part of nearly every single major event in my life by virtue of the fact that she's awesome, and I've known her since I was eight years old. I suppose she did miss the time I stepped into the animal trap my brothers had set up for yard creatures when I was five, but so what. Other than that, she's pretty much seen it.

As previously stated in a post about her bachelorette party, Jora is one the greatest people I've ever met. And she deserves the absolute best. Which, is all and more of what she said yes to on the last day of 2010.
Adam and Jora are a superb team, and when they looked into each others' eyes and said their own vows to each other there was no stopping the rolling tears down my cheeks. And the cheeks of everyone in that church.


Their wedding was both touching and sweet, but also by nature of the fact it landed on a holiday that typically boasts chaos, it too was crazy and fun until the wee hours.


Noise makers. Hat and tiaras. Obnoxious shouts on the dance floor (that was me). My parents dancing to Black Eyed Peas, "I got a feelin'." Sigh...I'm sad its over.



Congrats to Jora and Adam! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day - it was an honor. You both are so lucky! And its fun to know that when you two are together happiness will ensue. I love you both!

No comments: