Monday, January 10, 2011

Good Morning!

When visiting MN, I've been known to pack up to four things into the agenda for the day. I realize this schedule isn't for everyone, but for me, I sincerely love it. I love seeing all the people who mean a lot to me and just as everything in my life, I like to pack it all in and squeeze everything out to the last drop.

This particular visit proved to be complicated in terms of the schedules of my college group of gals. Certain people were heading out of town and others had family obligations. It seemed the only time that worked for the whole lot was at 8:30am on the morning of the wedding. An early start, but well worth it on account of the fact that everyone was available (except Suz in NYC).

Noelle and Pat hosted, and walking in the door we were greeted with a robust set of cheeks!


Little did Tyson and I know, these ladies had been thoughtfully considering this breakfast event and flanked us with engagement wishes in various forms:
+ heart-shaped scones
+ a heart-shaped coffee cake
+ mimosas for toasting
+ a framed picture of Tyson and I
and
+cookies decorated with little frosted engagement rings



Peppered with generally awesome catch-up banter about kids and jobs and our worlds was various curiosity about our wedding date. The gals sweetly began planning various wedding scenarios including renting a giant house for all of them to stay during the wedding weekend. It was so wonderful to be amongst such lovely friends and warm wishes, and also to feel such incredible support and genuine excitement for Tyson and I.

Though our gatherings have evolved a bit from late nights and a few foggy aspects, to bright-eyed and bushy-tailed breakfasts with kiddies running around, I'm so grateful for these friendships!




1 comment:

suzie sanborn said...

ahhhhh.. great post. as always.... love my csb girls... was sorry to miss the celebration! xoxo