Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In an effort.

Having been back only a few weeks, I'm totally in the throes of a schedule I can't keep up with and I'm working really long hours. In fact, yesterday I worked sixteen hours and the day before that I worked fifteen hours. Last night as I sat here working, there was a rage building up inside me and I was so frustrated I nearly went crazy.

So, in an effort to try and be less negative, I'm going to take a que from a good friend who enjoys posting in list form all of the things she's grateful for on a given day. Here are ten.

For:

1. Having a job, despite the long hours, in the wake of so many who do not have income rolling in because the job market is so incredibly tough right now. This one, I need to keep repeating over and over and over again. :)

2. My darling boyfriend, Tyson, who is so sweet to me, incredibly supportive and helps me to see things in different ways. We are a team! Plus I think he's really handsome.

3. A roof over my head. Contained under said roof are many things that are cozy and cute and useful, and I need to appreciate this space instead of wondering when and if I'll ever be able to buy a house someday. Again, repeat.

4. A healthy family. In the wake of some troubling news within my extended family, I'm reminded of the day-to-day ease of which my family is allowed to live because we aren't currently struggling with an illness or financial duress. This ease can be taken for granted until such a moment arises.

5. Hearing my grandma's voice yesterday. She is a treasure.

6. 'Just Mango Slices' - a product of Trader Joe's and that I've been eating in the wee hours at the office. Its the little things.

7. My legs. Its on these pegs I can run, and running is so totally awesome.

8. My experience in New Zealand and Australia. Its so cliche but its really true that we don't appreciate things nearly as much in the present as we do looking back in reflection. And as I look back on it now, I'm so grateful for that time on the other side of the world.

9. A sunny day outside today. Seattle is truly a stunning city!

10. My bike.

1 comment:

kristi said...

You are an inspiration. Very grounded and reflective. Those are two things I like about you. There are many more. If I could click my heels right now I wish to be with you on a patio sipping drinks and provoking laughter. I miss you.