Sunday, December 20, 2009

rage < reality.

So Tyson is house-sitting on the peninsula this week. And I have to say, when he first told me he was going to head out of town for our last week in Seattle, I was less than impressed. Our list of things to get done was so long, and the prospect of having to get some house stuff done without him sent me into a bit of a tailspin of rage.

After expressing this sentiment, we decided to get as much done as possible BEFORE Tyson headed out of town. Which we did. BOOM! And I realized, that in actuality this week of solo me was going to be bliss. Total bliss. You see, I will have plenty of time to hang out with Tyson in NZ. Therefore, this week is mine to spend time with girlfriends, finish holiday shopping and curl up at home. Which is what I'm doing right now.

So far this weekend I've cleaned and organized. Gone on two runs. Teresa came over last night and we had three solid hours of girl talk and a few beers. I rented Mad Men. The latest Vogue is waiting for me to page through.This morning I made delicious coffee, cut up a pear, toasted an english muffin and I'm sitting here writing whilst listening to KEXP. Heaven! I even have a bottle of Bailey's in the fridge for later. Said bottle of Bailey's was actually STOLEN from my company holiday party on Friday during a less than clear-headed moment. Whoops, sorry CW. I didn't even realize I did it until I cleaned out my bag the next morning and there she was in all her glory: Bailey's.

The point is, in reality this was the perfect way to ride out my last few days in Seattle. I do miss my sweetie, but we'll have plenty of time to catch up on the plane.

No comments: