Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Seattle Urban Farm Company.


Aylin and I spent some time working for the Seattle Urban Farm Company on Monday night, in exchange for some free delicious veggies plucked straight from their plants. A rough gig really considering its super fun getting dirty and working with your hands. We tied back tomato plants and learned the difference between determinate and indeterminate tomato plants.




Aylin, dwarfed by the Indeterminite tomato plants.


And after a couple of hours, I loaded up my bag with:
Eggplant
Kale
Sun Gold Cherry tomatoes
Basil
Carrots
and a cucumber

As a result, I've eaten like a Queen the past 24 hours. I managed to cook up some brown rice pasta and include the basil and tomatoes for dinner last night. And here's a look at the breakfast of champions from this morning - boiled kale with toast and an over-easy egg. Yum. Why haven't I cooked all summer?! I'm back on the wagon...

No comments: