Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ko Phi Phi Island.









Just a few pictures. It beautiful. Absolutely picturesque in every way. BUT way too many tourists. Many of which are in their early twenties and walk around wasted and crazy. Its like Cancun for Germans, Swedes, Aussies, South Africans and any origin other than America. Sort of strange really. But as I said, beautiful, and a great place to relax for a few days. The first day we took a longboat and visited the surrounding islands, including the island filmed in the movie The Beach, and checked out the other coasts of Ko Phi Phi Don. The boat was nothing short of fantastic. We also snorkeled and watched the sun set from the water. I felt like I was in a scene from the Goonies or something. The guys left early yesterday as they felt really old and out of place here. I was sad for a brief time, but today I went rock climbing and met some really cool people from Montreal and Germany. Think I made some friends for tonight! Rock climbing was crazy. I've never been before and here I was climbing in the most amazing place. I have to say I wasn't as brave as I'd wanted. I did two thirty foot routes and then nearly conquered a seventy foot climb..until I reached about 65 feet and then couldn't find a place for my foot and freaked out. The guide said I had reached the easy part and the most difficult was behind me. Still...I asked to be lowered. Crap! Too bad most of my photos are vertical or I'd post more climbing ones (can't rotate..or don't know how on this computer). Will post more when I return. Oh, and while we were climbing there were monkeys running around! One came within a foot of me! Crazy little creatures.

Off for now. Not sure if I'll post before returning next week. We'll see.

3 comments:

bess said...

Wow! Your photos are amazing! Surreal to see from back here in cold, gray Seattle. Glad that you enjoyed climbing - long climbs!
Miss ya!
B

janna said...

wow. amazing.
Soak it up and come back soon--I miss you! :)

Unknown said...

hot. and you look naked in that first pic with the euro guy. just because you're hanging out with "ehuros" doesnt mean that you're one A. Keep your swim top on.