Thursday, November 15, 2007

Papa Franzen's west side visit

When my mom visited, we scoured the city looking at condos. And after all the papers were signed, it was my papa's turn to come and do the "dad" thing by helping me with my new home. He landed in Seattle on Monday night and very shortly there after we were in a pub with beers and pizza. Great conversation, healthy debates and even a few tears. Bonding time.



We also spent some time at Home Depot picking up condo enhancements: wood blinds and supplies for installing shelving and hooks in a my utility closet. Let the organization begin. Thanks, Dad!





Last night we hosted a dinner party. {Yes, another one. This time with my non-work friends + Lisa who crosses over all groups}. Lisa and Pete, Bess and Josh, and Dave and Wendy. Introductions, Molson and Pete trading travel stories with my dad. My Pops sautéed scallops and shrimp while chatter peppered the background. The eight of us huddled around my small table to eat and laugh. Then, cards were played. Shitboots (also known as shithead). Many hands and many arguments between partners seated next to each other. It was so much fun and I was really happy my dad met my friends. I think he felt equally happy.







Today we walked through EMP (Experience Music Project), Paul Allen's music museum. I so wish I'd remembered to bring my camera. Watching my dad try to "scratch" on turn tables, play the guitar along with "Louie Louie" and improv on the piano to a blues scale was so great.



Its been amazing having my dad here. Having my parents come out together and then both of them separately was a neat experience. Overall I'm learning I have a fantastic set of 'rents. I'm a very lucky only-girl-and-baby-of-the-family!

No comments: