Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love.

Hello!

I've never been one to get into Valentine's Day. I can't really decide if it is one of those things that I want to be into, but feel as though its a little silly...or that really, I'm just not that into it. I mean, never one to shy away from a love note or a surprise, I do love thoughtful gestures. But I guess I prefer things to be genuine and not forced. Or given because one should give, or feels they must give.

With that said, I did decide to get into Valentine's Day this year. Mostly because Tyson is ten times more thoughtful than I on any given day and he is such a little surprise-r. It wasn't much, just a 20 oz. bottle of specialty beer + three heart-shaped cookies + tulips + a card. Left on the counter. Goodmorning.

I arrived home from work last night welcomed by two rows of pink and red streamers hanging from the ceiling. Adorable yellow flowers and a card. I may not get into Valentine's Day, but I loved my Vday surprise. And I adore cards. Tyson rules.

Then we dressed in red and headed out to a Vday party - an unusual concept for me initially, but turns out I thought it was completely great. Three couples sipped bubbly drinks and ate wonderful things like authentic Argentenian empanadas and a pear salad with toasted walnuts, cranberries and gorgonzola. Pink balloons rolled around on the floor, heart-shaped candles flickered, and we wiped our hands with red napkins.

I also spoke to my mother who called in the morning to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day and we ended up gabbing for no less than forty-five minutes. I love that woman. She is hysterical and oh so good.
A good day of love and celebration indeed.

Here are a couple of happy love photos from our photographer. I can't wait to see what they do with our big day!




Happy Valentine's Day! -yesterday.

No comments: