Sunday, November 29, 2009

Weekend.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend.
Tyson's sister, Tracy and her hubby, Scott hosted us along with their Mother and some friends from their church. Thanksgiving is not only a great time for reflection and thanks, but for eating! The Mikula's dominated the turkey, stuffing, gravy AND pumpkin cheesecake. Yum. Seconds. We played several games, all of which Scott won. I am bound and determined to beat him at Settlers of Catan at some point in my life. Life goals, people.


Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera in tow for our Friday snowboarding on Crystal Mountain. It can be hit or miss in terms of weather and sun on WA mountains. Friday was a blue bird day, and as a result Mt. Rainier was just stunning off in the distance as we road up the chairlift. I stole some photos from someone else online because it really is an incredible sight.

I road with Tyson, Buckley and Pete - three incredible boarders - and I was pretty intimidated. But I just tried to keep up and not make people wait. At the end of the day, the old adage rings true in that if you do anything with people who are better than you, you are bound to get better. I had the best day boarding I think I've ever had. It really was a great, great day. We also capped it off with a visit to a friends cabin on the mountain. It was another pang where I felt a strong need to save all my cash so that someday I may plop down on a couch in a cabin of my own.

One of Tyson and I's favorite things to do is consume brunch. Whether its going out to Coastal Kitchen, Portage Bay Cafe or making epic brunches at home. We woke on Saturday and made pumpkin pancakes, and an egg scramble with peppers, sausage and avocado, and sliced pears. YUM! So much yumminess this weekend! I really enjoy listening to This American Life while making breakfast, and if you're interested in a great TAL story, listen to this one!

No comments: