Thursday, July 9, 2009

Multiple personaities

Every month Dwell lands in my mailbox and I have to say I'm one of those freaks who actually pours through every article and then saves them in magazine boxes on a shelf. Lately, I've been trying to figure out what I like. And it seems, just as I think I've finally started to develop a style and a certainty for what my ideal living room or kitchen would look like, no sooner do several rooms start contradicting themselves.

I bend or lean towards bright patterns and feminine details but in the end, clean and simple design wrapped in neutral Calvin Klein-esque tones, steals my heart. I'm guessing this has something to do with my mood or my outlook on any given day, or possibly an inability to commit to something too crazy knowing that I might be sick of it the following month. I've also noticed recently I might be developing an obsession with keeping things clean, and it seems to me the simpler the room, the easier it is to clean. Therapy perhaps?

A slew of things I've been liking recently...








No comments: