Thursday, July 30, 2009

I don't get it.

So the Blue Angels are flying in Seattle today. And, I feel like I'm someone who is turning towards the sky watching them, while people around me take pictures on their camera phones and clamor in excitement, and I'm totally lost on the appeal. I simply don't get it.

I remember a former partner of mine was totally into them and I would pretend, running to the window, to think they were cool all because I thought maybe there was something I was missing. Did I not see what they just did? Was there a secret surprise that I happened to turn my head and not experience?

Well folks, I'm giving up on the dream of thinking the Blue Angels are cool. I realize that what they do isn't easy and the "power and speed" described to me by a co-worker is "amazing", but I'm going to sit this one out. And I feel okay about it.

I mean, I don't feel as strongly as this person:

The Annual Blue Angels Gripefest

Posted by Brendan Kiley on Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Every year, Slog wonders why God took away the Sonics but left us the Blue Angels—and we remember this sign, made by the sweet little children of Capitol Hill:

ccf1/1248977551-spottedonthehill.jpg

Kids say the darndest things.

Um, and they use a lot of fuel.

No comments: