Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Love Note:::Family.

I was home in MN for the 4th of July holiday. The mid-west is the only place to truly celebrate the 4th - the extreme heat and humidity and abundance of lakes make it a great place to kick it with a brew and a bathing suit. I was able to get in some real quality time with my family and friends which is always a struggle for me when I go home but this time I tried to just enjoy the moments as they came and take in the people who were around me.

My dad picked me up from the airport and we headed to Uptown for some eats at French Meadow. Good Papa time just chatting and talking about working for the 'man' and what it takes to break out on your own just like he and my mom did. Then my mom and I curled up in JoAnn fabrics and we paged through pattern books. I had a déja vu moment when she said, "Here. Why don't you just sit there and read this for a few minutes.", handing me a pattern. It was like childhood all over again!

Of course brother Brian can't help but make the drive to WI and pick up a few illegal fireworks for the occasion. He managed to affix all of the launching tubes to a two-by-four and BOOM, a professional set-up was born.


Family time was basically relaxing overall. I tried to get some smaller group, one-on-one time because as Grandpa Larson apparently always said, "The big group is good for pictures, but everything is better one-on-one." I sort of like that...and tend to agree. I've always been more of a one-person gal anyway. Good laughs, good conversation. More of a connection.

And are you kidding, could she BE any cuter.



And Matthew just gets funnier and funnier. His personality rules. I cannot believe how giant he is and how well he communicates. Basically, little people are the coolest on the planet.


We spent Sunday at the lake along with my sisters - Jora and Kes - who are truly a fixture in my family and I love it. They walk in the door and not only is it just like any other family member, people know that their day just got a little bit better because Jora/Kes are hilarious. They've been such a part of my life since as far as I can truly remember and I'm lucky they are a part of my family too! We passed the time cruising around the lake in my parents' boat, eating grilled delights courtesy of brother Brian, sitting in the sunshine and enjoying the day.



I love my family. I love that just like any family we have our ups and our downs but there is a lot of love there. Sometimes I feel intense guilt about not living in MN, but I hope they support me and know that I'm happy and enjoying my life. And at the end of the day, it's what we should wish upon everyone - that they are happy! I miss you wonderful family. I'm glad you are in my life. And until the next time we hug and visit, know that I think of you every day.

No comments: