Thursday, March 26, 2009

adventure.

Everyone talks about living life to the fullest. And I think, for the most part, I try and do that. If I want to do something, I generally find a way to make it happen. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. But in the end, usually a learning experience of some sort.

I really want this summer to be an adventure. I want to learn how to sail. I want to go camping on the beach. I want to climb something. I want to do another triathlon. I want to canoe/kayak the San Juan islands. I want to backpack Mt. St. Helens. I want to book a trip. A trip to Buenas Aires over Christmas. Yesterday I spent some time looking at ticket prices, and I nearly booked the flight. One click away. I just want it out there. To look forward to and to know that its done. That I'm going. For sure.

I am feeling anxious. And completely realize that this feeling of anxiousness doesn't really help and actually, probably takes a toll on my central Chi. So, the goal of this weekend while Tyson and I hike to our super remote cabin in the mountains, is to relax and take life as it is. To live in the moment and to realize that each day is an adventure to be had. Maybe planning summer three months in advance or planning my holiday season three months after this years' holidays isn't the answer.

No comments: