Tuesday, March 11, 2008

nervous.

A couple of weeks ago I had dinner with B. Dinner turned into a few drinks turned into 2am, lights on, time to go home. On a Wednesday. We had the best time just talking and laughing and catching up. At one point B said, "I'm nervous". Nervous? She explained that she had been thinking about the upcoming summer and after reflecting back on all of the things we had packed into last summer, she was nervous that summer '08 would not live up. Last summer = camping. twice. fruit loop bike trip. Mt Adams climb. half marathon. tennis lessons.

I laughed, thinking how sweet and silly Miss B was being. Of course this summer would be fantastic.

Then last weekend I got nervous.

I don't know if it was the fact that I haven't had much going on lately or that Miss B will be leaving for the entire month of July, but suddenly I started to panic. After all, this time last year we already had our date set for the Mt. Adams climb AND had signed up for a half marathon to use as training.

I feel like I need to put summer goals down on the calendar. Put them here in my blog. Create some sort of accountability as to insure another summer of amazing experiences.

So here goes a little laundry list of things I'm hoping to pack into Summer '08, in no particular order:

STP (Seattle to Portland bike classic) ...the RSVP is sold out. Shoot!
Mt. Adams climb ..this time we'll summit. Possibly June 21.
Camping. July 4 + hopefully a few more times
Trip to Portland
Trip to Eastern Washington
As much tennis as possible
Growing herbs on my deck
Adding a new patio door to my condo
Ann's wedding in MN
Sewing with Bess. This needs to happen.
Possibly a triathlon...
Getting to know a certain someone who will be living here. :)

So there it is.

I can't wait for summer!

1 comment:

tyson said...

we are going to have so much fun this summer, its going to be uncontrollably amazing.