Wednesday, February 21, 2007

twelve



Here are some of the girls I'm coaching for the Cascade Volleyball Club here in Seattle. In the beginning, I was pretty nervous and disciplined. I wasn't sure how to keep the attention of the little, crazy gals and they were literally bouncing off the walls, bouncing balls everywhere, yelling, and making fun of each other non-stop. Was I like that at twelve? No.(yes) Now I'm learning to lead, teach and make it fun. If they're not having fun, they're not going to enjoy the sport. At our first tournament, the team took 18th place out of 19 teams. Yikes. BUT, at our most recent tournament they were undefeated! Its great to watch them get excited and care about the game and their performance. They were awarded navy blue socks with white polka dots for their efforts! Isn't it funny to think back to the time when small rewards meant the world. Someone was reminding me of the game, 'Heads up 7 up' and I remembered how much I loved that game! Sometimes I cheated and peeked.


No comments: