Sunday, March 11, 2012

Wood is so cool.

Wood is awesome! Instead of writing, I've been working a lot on my table. And working with this guy. Heaps of fun and tons to learn. So much so that I often times feel overwhelmed. As in: "I will never remember how to do all of this stuff." And then a trusty soul pointed me in the direction of this woodworking gal: Ariele Alasko. She completely rules and makes all kinds of fun things with wood. Like headboards. And cheese boards. 


And look at this table top getting all glued up! I actually glued my table top today and I neglected to snap a photo. 
 Here though, is the glorious outcome of perfectly cut apron we finished today. The table base fit together like a glove and I smiled with delight.

Its getting close to being finished and one of the things I've learned along the way is that I'm not entirely sure I'm a "woodworker" per say. Meaning, I don't know if I have the perfectionist nature to be a legit, true woodworker. Much like sewing I find that I SO much prefer to take two random things (usually fabric) and give it a go at just putting them together vs. following a pattern. Hence why I find myself connecting more to Ariele's work and the work of the other designer I'm working with on Tuesdays. Either way I'm learning a lot and really enjoying the challenges in the shop! I wish I had a shop. Or a studio. Or some tools.

So yeah, I used to get soooo excited to write on this blog. I looked forward to each entry and took time crafting the language and the sentiments. I miss it. But I haven't had the time or the energy to write lately. And it totally bums me out. Hopefully I can find some balance and devote some time to writing. Writing, much like wood, rules.

Happy Spring Forward! Cheers to more sunshine in the evening. 

No comments: